If you have any questions outside of the general bullets below, please do not hesitate to call our office and ask!
- Use your fingers to put your aligners in place. Place the aligners over your front teeth, and then use your fingers to push the aligner down over your molars. When aligners are correctly inserted, they will fit all the way down on the teeth, with no space between the top of the aligners and the top of the teeth. Aligners will fit tightly at first but should still fit well at the end of the wearing period.
- Remove the aligner by pulling it off the front teeth.
- Keep aligners in except when flossing, brushing, eating. It’s also best to remove the aligners when drinking beverages other than water.
- Place your aligners in the case we provide any time they are not being worn.
- Brush aligners with liquid soap & water daily, and rinse multiple times per day (can also be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide). Rinse aligners before initial wear.
- Wear each set of aligners for two weeks - unless our office directs you to vary from this schedule.
- Wear aligners in the correct numerical order. (Each aligner is labeled by number and with a U or an L to designate upper or lower.)
- Keep all of your old aligners!
- Smooth any rough aligner edges with emery board
- Don’t place your aligners in or on a napkin or tissue. Many aligners have accidentally been thrown out this way!
- Don’t use your teeth to “bite” your aligners into place. Use “chewies” that are provided.
- If you have pets, don’t place your aligners anywhere your pets can reach them. Pets are attracted to saliva and would enjoy chewing on your Invisalign trays!
- Do not use boiling water or warm water on your aligners.
- Don’t chew gum with your aligners in.
- It would be best not to smoke while wearing aligners. The smoke can stain the aligners as well as your teeth.
Just in Case:
If you lose the tab attached to your tooth that helps the aligner snap on, please call our office right away so that we can determine if you need to come in before your next scheduled appointment.
If you lose one of your aligner trays, please wear the next tray if you have it. If you do not have the next tray, please wear the previous tray. It is extremely important to use a tray to keep teeth from shifting. Call our office to let us know which tray was lost so that we can determine if a replacement tray is needed. There will be a fee if replacement trays are required.